Sunday, March 18, 2018

Nós Estamos Rezando Por Você

Hello Everyone,

I’m going to be a “mom”! Transfer calls came in, and I am going to train a new sister and I will start in a new area with her! We will be opening the area together, so stay tuned for many not-so-fun “getting completely lost” stories, haha, so pray that we will at least be able to find our house! But tudo bem, it’s going to be way fun. After going to Teresina for a trainers’ meeting, I will meet my new companion and then we will be off to our new area … Campo Maior. It’s about 2 hours from Teresina, and I will be returning to my beloved state of Piauí.

Our favorite interaction of the week was when a random man on the street asked us, “are you guys Mormons?” I said that we were and asked him if he was too. He said no, and I asked him, “why not?” He said that we were both beautiful and asked if Joseph Smith would let him marry us. We laughed awkwardly, and told him he was invited to visit our church anytime. He said he would visit if he could sit by us the whole time. We told him to visit church for God, not us, and said, “goodbye”.

This week my BFF Sister Lucas is going home! Last week in the district meeting we were asked to do a practice lesson. Sister Lucas and I were back at it. We taught about the Sabbath Day and Atonement, and we invited our “practice investigator” Sister Johnson to be baptized. It was so spiritual, and Sister Johnson got emotional, and it just flowed so perfectly and was so powerful. Sister Lucas and I still got it! I am so grateful to have practically spent my whole mission with her … she is so awesome. I am just looking for someone to give her a green card!

Saturday night we were walking through a park and we saw a young guy sitting on a bench. He was wearing a knee brace, so naturally I was curious. We started talking about surgeries, and I even whipped out my own battle wounds. We then started talking about the gospel. He had so many awesome questions, but also a lot of doubts. We then realized that we would have to start from the basics. We asked him if he believed in God, and he said that he is 50/50. Anyway, long story short, we taught him about prayer, the Holy Ghost and the Book of Mormon. We talked about how we can receive answers or confirmations that God exists. As we were getting up to leave, we asked him if we could do anything else to help, and he said very humbly, “pray for me”. The Spirit touched my heart. I asked him to open the Book of Mormon, and there he read what I wrote earlier … “Nós estamos rezando por você” (we are praying for you). Moments earlier, the Spirit had prompted me to write something I usually wouldn’t write in there. He looked up, touched, and said that “this is already a confirmation that God exists”. I felt so grateful in that moment for being an instrument in helping him feel that Heavenly Father really DOES exist, worries about him and loves him!

We have some investigators with a ton of potential, so I am excited to hear about their progress after I leave. I am sad to leave and I truly loved Sobral and the sisters here. It is the last time I will see a lot of these missionaries, as I am starting my last transfer. Sobral and the people there will always have a special place in my heart!

Love you all!

Sister Vance

3 comments:

  1. Buy Diazepam, Tramadol, Xanax.LSD, Oxy, Suboxone, Nembutal and others on sale



    All of our prices are reduced to wholesale prices. We make next day payment to UK, Canada and USA, We also deliver world wide. We also have other products that are not listed, so if you need something that is not listed, feel free to ask for more information. For more information on how to place an order, please contact us below



    Website;(http://amazingphamaceuticals.com/ )

    No prescription needed.

    Discreet whatsap/..........+1 512-596-1837


    Suboxone, Watson 540, Dilaudid 8mg, Soma 350mg, Adderall 30mg, Ritalin 10mg,


    Bu
    Medicine Online | Buy Xanax Online For Sale |Discreet whatsap/..........+1 512-596-1837

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethylone, methylone, mdma, mdpv, jwh-018, phenazepam, Etizolam,

    Buy Research Chemicals Online

    etizolam-powder-online




    U-47700, Am-2201, Ketamine, A-pvp

    ReplyDelete

  3. We Do both Air and ground Shipping.

    Visit Us for more details.
    Buy French BullDogs Online
    BUY French BullDogs Online NOW Frenchies have strong bright french bulldog pups that will grow to be amazingly

    strong and lovely pets friends. If you have been searching for french bulldog puppies for sale near me then you are

    in luck for our current annual discounts will give you an opportunity to buy healthy cheap french bulldog puppies

    for sale. We have devoted french Bulldog puppies breeders and try to socialize our dogs with other pets, kids and

    humans. Our all dogs will come with all details of vaccinations and dewormings to date, microchip, and the Euro

    Puppy Guarantee. Shipping: We Do both Air and ground Shipping


    Website.......https://buyfrenchbulldogonline.com/

    https://www.dealkar.pk/item/buy-french-bulldogs-online-80d351ec-a498-49eb-93c2-f9f94ba4e4d2

    https://www.dibiz.com/buyfrenchbulldogonline

    ReplyDelete