Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Called of God

Hi Everyone,

First things first, I’m done being 20! None of you have seen me when I was 20 … haha, you missed out! Just kidding, nothing has changed; I refuse to get old! But it is kind of weird that I am growing up … life is complicated that way.

When we were in church this past Sunday, one of the sister missionaries started passing out and fainting, because she took medicine for her knee without eating anything, even though I told her that she needed to eat something. Anyway, the irmas in the ward were going nuts and we live on the same street as the church, so they helped her walk back to our house and I was nervous trying to call for Sister Melo. My companion and I were waiting at the door of our house to help her in the rest of the way, because members can’t enter our house. But then we went to walk her back to her room and I looked back and there were literally 12 irmas following behind us, all worried. They started opening our fridge saying that she needed to eat something and then they got all concerned when they opened it, because it was basically bare, except for a lemon and an orange, haha. Anyway, long story short, it was the biggest hassle carefully trying to usher them out and now the whole ward thinks that we go hungry and don't have anything to eat. I was dying.

This past week two of the sisters were sick, so Sister Johnson (the new American) and I were companions for most of the week. She speaks well for so little time here, but she is still in training. It was interesting to be hitting the streets with another gringa because I have never had an American companion!

Last week we watched the broadcast of Russell M. Nelson, and it was so cool to really feel the confirmation that he is called of God to be our prophet. I loved how he talked so much about missionaries and even about the church here in Brazil! Woohoo! I am so lucky to be a part of this work here!

I love you all, and I am grateful for this life I have been given for these 21years, to grow and to have each one of you be a part of it!

Love you!

Sister Vance

- Photo #1 - This is Mauricelio, our "eleito" investigator, at church for the 3rd week in a row!

- Photo #2 - This is the cutest girl from Mozambique, Africa that my friend sent to me for my birthday, because he knows that I am crazy obsessed with African children! So adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment