Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Staying in Sobral

Hello Family & Friends,

Last week we had the baptism of Mauricelio and, of course, as Satan always tries to disrupt, the power went out in the church. But that didn't stop or ruin anything! After the baptism, we asked Mauricelio how he felt, and he said, "Different". He was so happy and he is a powerhouse! I am already saying that he will be Elder M. Silva when he goes on his mission!

This week an amiga offered me what looked like a raisin, and she thought it was cute to inform me only after I ate it that it was rear-end of a giant exotic ant here! Apparently, it is really expensive, haha. This past week I was sung, “Happy Birthday” at least 30 times. It still feels awkward and I always think, “should I sing along or just dance a little with my arms or hands, or just stay quiet with that uncomfortable smile on my face?” Either way, it’s a struggle, but these members are precious. I think I felt most loved when, after telling one Irma that I was totally full, she tried to stuff dessert down my throat. I started screaming/crying and then was choking and laughing … she was way too determined!

I may or may not have prayed for rain on my birthday, just hoping that God would have mercy on me during my special day, to give me a break from the heat and the hot sun. He came through … woohoo! Another 6 weeks is up and it’s transfer time again. I will be staying in Sobral, but my lovely companion will be transferred two hours away, but still in the same district. So I will see her every week, and as a Sister Training Leader will get to talk to her on the phone every night to check in. I was so happy about this because it is her last transfer before she goes home. We have been living together and/or companions for 13 months! She saw me start my mission in the field and I will be with her to the end of her mission. I love Sister Lucas so much!

I am so happy to be here in Sobral, and I know that this is exactly where I should be! There are just so many things in my head and so many things that we still need to do here; and I am just so happy that we are always so busy! I love Brazil and we are seeing so many miracles in our ward. Our bishop said that my companion and I are the perfect companionship, and that the best time of missionary work in the ward has been now with us sisters. He hopes that President Melo keeps receiving inspiration to keep sisters here! Woohoo!

Love you all!

Sister Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment