Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tudo Vai Dar Certo

Hi Everyone,

This past week we had exchanges with the other sisters up in the mountains in Tiangua. We are usually so excited for these exchanges because it’s chilly up there, and there is hot water to take showers! But with our luck, we got there when the water stopped working. So another week, another few bucket showers! Haha, life is a struggle.

Maurcelio is still so awesome and was back at church with us this week, attended a baptism, and attended a youth activity. He says that every time he enters the church his excitement and desire to be a member and get baptized grows! His countenance has changed so much. I will never forget when we contacted him and talked about the love that Heavenly Father has for him. He looked up at us and asked, "I'm important to him?" He is truly discovering now for himself all the God has in store for him. He always says the most shocking things; I would just like to take a minute to quote him right now.

Maurcelio: “My friends looked at me today and said that something was different about me. I told them that I am becoming a Mormon. They started laughing in my face and said that they will give me two months before I become inactive, and that they won't be friends with me anymore. I responded that, ‘it doesn’t matter if I lose you guys, because I will have Jesus Christ’”.

Maurcelio: “When you guys started walking towards me, I thought you were Jehovah’s Witness and I almost got up and started running, but God held me down. Haha, and I am so glad He did because I have never felt happier in my life”.

Maurcelio: "Serving a mission is something that I would be interested in.”

I can't even write or describe all the comments that he makes, but most of the time I just want to sprawl on the ground during the lessons because it just seems too good to be true! This kid is awesome and will be a powerhouse for sure! He will be baptized on the 27th!

This week we had companionship inventory, when we talk about our relationship with our companion and what we can do to be better. My companion, who I have known for my whole mission, looked at me and told me that she knows me well. But at the same time she feels like she doesn't know me because she says in all situations I act the same! She said she never knows if I am mad, sad or annoyed … because I am always the same. She said, “you will make a comment like, ‘man, that guy was rude’ but with a smile on your face!" Haha, I started laughing so hard because I told her that in the mission I feel like I have been in the same mood for the past year! I have just been blessed with an attitude of "tudo vai dar certo", or everything will be alright. When life is a struggle here, it just always is funny to me, and I just ALWAYS feel happy. I know that I only feel this way because I am striving to truly consecrate my life and while I am doing that, my difficulties fade away and the world just seems so much brighter and so much more hopeful. I love this work! The key to happiness is found in LIVING THE GOSPEL!

Love you!

Sister Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment