Monday, October 2, 2017

Save the Shepherds

Hi Family and Friends!

I am now with my new companion, Sister Finati, and this transfer is going to be a great one! Sister Finati is awesome; I already knew her because I lived with her in Parnaiba. This whole entire week I was just looking forward to General Conference, and it didn't let me down one bit! General Conference is the best on the mission. I received answers to the questions I wrote down, and even received answers to questions I didn't even know that I had!

Last night we taught a family which was a referral from members. The lesson was so spiritual. It is so cool how we teach the same principles over and over, but we always find new and unique ways to teach individually by the Spirit.

This past week at the mission leadership meeting, President Melo was fired up! He told us that he was talking to the Area Presidency and told them he wanted to send more than 10 missionaries home (President Melo doesn't mess around). The Area President told him to take a deep breath and find ways to help those not following mission rules. It was an awesome meeting.

The theme of this council was how we as leaders could be examples and how we can help save not only the sheep, but also save the shepherds. I know that every day we are examples - either positive or negative (there is no in between). We can change lives of those in our circle of interaction. Nothing brings us closer to Christ than a desire to change and nothing can bring us greater joy than seeing true change in the lives of those around us. Have a great week … and be an example that can save another.

Love,

Sister Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment