Monday, December 25, 2017

I Love My Savior

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Skyping with my family on Christmas was just awesome; the whole time I was just struggling hardcore to speak in English, and they were just laughing at my accent. These last couple weeks have just been so crazy and full of so many experiences. Yesterday we went around with my companion’s ukulele, and we sang and gave snickerdoodle cookies to the members. THE SPIRIT WAS STRONG, and it brought real joy to us and to the people as well.

Irma Luzia and Irmao Raimundo were at the ward activity this week and they loved it so much. Irmao Barretto will be baptized this week on Saturday. He is an older man and he smoked for 50 years, and only uses one lung because he lost the other one due to the smoking,g so now he walks around with an oxygen machine but he still has so much energy! He is so cute and so excited for his baptism!

We had a contact with a girl in the street this past week, and we were talking about Jesus Christ and we asked her who He was and she didn't know a lot. We talked about Him and His ministry, and then asked her if she loved us. She got weirded out a bit, and said “no, of course not”! We then explained that she feels that way because she just met us! You have to know someone to really love them, and we can come to know our Savior through repentance, prayer and striving every day to walk, talk, teach and serve as He did. My mission is forcing me, and I am allowing it, to change my life. For this I am so truly grateful. I love my Savior and want to follow Him.

Love you all,

Sister Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment